Thursday, January 21, 2010

Are We Leaders?



It has been way too long since my last post. I have been busy with many things going on in my life but a particular quote came across my Twitter PLN today that made me think I needed to make time to blog about it. Thanks to Ron Karr who tweeted "Leadership involves finding a parade and getting in front of it." -John Naisbitt. The quote really made me think. As teachers are we being leaders to our students? Are we displaying great character traits, strong work ethic, a passion for learning, civic responsibility, and high standards for all? As aspiring principals are we being leaders to our colleagues? Are we collaborating with staff members to improve instruction, mentoring, promoting positive relationships within our building, and striving to get everyone "on the same page" to meet our school mission and goals? As we enter our schools lets all take a moment to reflect on whether or not we are truly being leaders and doing what it takes to accomplish our ultimate goal of academic success and character development for ALL students.

No comments:

Post a Comment